Tea Drinkers in Australia is a community where people drink, talk, and get to know this world better through tea gatherings. We respect diversity and take tolerance very importantly. Tea Drinkers in Australia was created in 2018. I wanted to combine Tea Drinkers in Korea and Tea Drinkers in Australia into one. However, I couldn’t due to geographic and technical issues.
Tea Drinkers in Korea is a community where people drink, talk, and get to know this world better through tea gatherings. We respect diversity and take tolerance very importantly.
I started the tea community in 2017 to expand more open and casual tea culture in South Korea.
Why did I create the Tea Drinkers in Korea?
- Suffocation: South Korea is full of coffee drinkers. It was very difficult for me to find a tea gathering. Even if I found a tea event, there were limited seats and high barriers to attend. I soon felt frustrated and exhausted. I thought organizing an event would be easier, faster, and more fun.
- Meeting Tea Friends: Meeting a tea friend is one of my favorite things! I wanted to meet more tea friends.
- Have Fun & Grow: What happens when people who share similar interests meet together? We all get excited, freely share resources, and naturally learn & grow. I wanted to make my or anyone else’s tea journey process enjoyable.
- Connect: There was a huge gap between tea businesses and tea drinkers. Tea businesses wanted more customers, however, tea drinkers didn’t even know those tea businesses existed. I wanted to share a place, hold an event at a tea-related place, save time for tea drinkers to find a place, increase sales for tea businesses, create a win-win situation.
- Experiment: In the end, there was nothing to lose to create a tea community. I was curious about whether people would join the community.
Now we have 400+ members. Feel free to join if you are interested in Korean tea culture.
Upcoming & Past Events
- Enjoy Photography + Coffee, Smoothie, or Tea Time
- Meeting with Artists & Tea Tastings
- Meeting with Pottery Artists & Tea Time
- ‘Spring is Coming’ Tea Party
- Seoul International Buddism Expo
- D Museum & Pizza, Beer, and Tea Party
- Enjoy 5-Course Tea in Itaewon, Seoul
- Cheon Ji Woon Tea Company Inc. Opening Ceremony
- Han-River Moonlight Tea Meeting
- Boseong Green Tea Festival
- Hadong Wild Tea Cultural Festival
- Brunch Tea Party in The Park
- Tea World Festival
- Korea Furniture Museum Night Tour & Dinner
- Korea Furniture Museum Afternoon Tour & Tea Time
- Book Concert Tea Party
- Afternoon Tea Party at SHE
- Myung Won World Tea Expo
- Namsan Pine Healing Forest Tea Time
- Non-Summit Tea Party
- Recovery Tea Party
- Minimalism Tea Party
- Check out more events here: meetup.com/teadrinkersinkorea