Tea Drinkers in Korea
Tea Drinkers in Korea is a community where people drink, talk, and get to know this world better through tea gatherings. We respect diversity and take tolerance very importantly.
I started the tea community in 2017 to expand more open and casual tea culture in South Korea.
Why did I create the Tea Drinkers in Korea?
- Suffocation: South Korea is full of coffee drinkers. It was very difficult for me to find a tea gathering. Even if I found a tea event, there were limited seats and high barriers to attend. I soon felt frustrated and exhausted. I thought organizing an event would be easier, faster, and more fun.
- Meeting Tea Friends: Meeting a tea friend is one of my favorite things! I wanted to meet more tea friends.
- Have Fun & Grow: What happens when people who share similar interests meet together? We all get excited, freely share resources, and naturally learn & grow. I wanted to make my or anyone else’s tea journey process enjoyable.
- Connect: There was a huge gap between tea businesses and tea drinkers. Tea businesses wanted more customers, however, tea drinkers didn’t even know those tea businesses existed. I wanted to share a place, hold an event at a tea-related place, save time for tea drinkers to find a place, increase sales for tea businesses, create a win-win situation.
- Experiment: In the end, there was nothing to lose to create a tea community. I was curious about whether people would join the community.
Now we have 400+ members. Feel free to join if you are interested in Korean tea culture.
Upcoming & Past Events
- Enjoy Photography + Coffee, Smoothie, or Tea Time
- Meeting with Artists & Tea Tastings
- Meeting with Pottery Artists & Tea Time
- ‘Spring is Coming’ Tea Party
- Seoul International Buddism Expo
- D Museum & Pizza, Beer, and Tea Party
- Enjoy 5-Course Tea in Itaewon, Seoul
- Cheon Ji Woon Tea Company Inc. Opening Ceremony
- Han-River Moonlight Tea Meeting
- Boseong Green Tea Festival
- Hadong Wild Tea Cultural Festival
- Brunch Tea Party in The Park
- Tea World Festival
- Korea Furniture Museum Night Tour & Dinner
- Korea Furniture Museum Afternoon Tour & Tea Time
- Book Concert Tea Party
- Afternoon Tea Party at SHE
- Myung Won World Tea Expo
- Namsan Pine Healing Forest Tea Time
- Non-Summit Tea Party
- Recovery Tea Party
- Minimalism Tea Party
- Check out more events here: meetup.com/teadrinkersinkorea