Last month, I got sucked into a physical and emotional turmoil where I suffered from both physical and emotional pain. When I realised how my life was sinking, it was already the end of August.
I grew up in South Korea, the Republic of Suicide, so seeing myself stuck in a dark tunnel was not new for me. However, I didn’t know my mind could collapse so quickly without realising it. Because I was so fierce (or at least that’s how I felt) until the end of July.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown, many things in my life have changed. While mostly locked up in a home, I picked up bad habits such as not exercising, eating sugar and more sugar, irregular schedules, binge-watching youtube, it was a hot mess! There were times I intensely took care of myself just before the intense project, Nomad Tea Festival. Yet, I lost myself afterwards and my productivity level went underground in August.
I knew it before, but now I really know that my mental health is not much different from my physical health. If I don’t take care of my health, either physical or emotional or both will hunt me down.
Drink Positivitea is my declaration of a self-care routine and also a battle to move forward. Be my fighters if you want to cut off the negative cycle in your life and tired of being surrounded by people who are draining your blood and soul. Set your boundaries, guard yourself, and move forward towards your ideal self and the future you want.
Drink Positivitea Schedules (subject to change)
in English (Drink Positivitea):
- Monday 12:30-1:00 in Melbourne Time (UTC+10)
in Korean (다함께 긍정차차차):
- Saturday 17:30-18:00 in Seoul Time (UTC+8)
in Spanish (Bebe positavamenTE)
- Sunday 6-6:30 pm in Melbourne Time (UTC+10)
*I will entertain you with my baby Spanish.
How does it work?
- Check upcoming schedules
- We will meet in the FB Room on the scheduled date and time
- We will start by listening to a positive, inspirational quote, story, song, meditation technique, etc.
- Share positivitea and tea we drink
- Fill our mind and soul and gain strength to go through our lives.
Do you have something to share that was helpful to you? You can submit a suggestion to be shared in our opening: https://forms.gle/e7JiZpVtzKJKDxa3A
How much does it cost to join? Is there something I need to prepare?
It’s complimentary, but there are things to do before you attend.
- Put sunscreen and get sunlight 15 minutes
- Exercise 30 minutes
- Eat fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grain more than you eat preserves, instant and processed food.
- Pause and intentionally take a deep breath even for once.
- Set a time to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, workout, and when to sleep for 8 hours and follow.
- Brew your choice of tea to attend Drink Positivitea.
Drink Positivitiea is for fighters with goals in mind. If you are looking for an emotional trash can, a place to whine, complain, grab attention, and randomly say hi and find an excuse to send someone a pathetic personal message, drink two cups of strongly brewed green tea, wake up, and seek a professional psychologist.